RPF Job Openings for Constable/Sub-Inspector | 9739 Vacancies | Across India | Last Date to Apply 30 June 2018 |
Kindly find the below job details and application process.
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) is a security force of India entrusted with protecting railway passengers, passenger area and railway property of the Indian Railways .This is the only central armed police force (CAPF) which has the power to arrest, investigate and prosecute criminals. The force is under the authority of Ministry of Railways (India). The strength of RPF is about 65,000. As on 1.1.2014, sanctioned strength of Group ‘A’ officers in RPF is 441 including 127 officers recruited through Civil Services Examination of UPSC. RPF is headed by the Director General (DG).Mr Dharmendra Kumar was appointed as DG, RPF on 21/08/2017 He succeeded S K Bhagat, who superannuated on 20 February 2016. Since superannuation of Mr R.R. Verma, senior most RPF officer viz. Mr P.S. Rawal had been looking after the duties of DG.
Posting Title: Constable, Sub-Inspector
Job Location Across India
Constable (Executive): SSLC/Matric from a recognized Board.
Sub Inspector (Executive): Graduate from a recognized University.
Note: Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational qualification SHOULD NOT apply.
|Category||Height (Male)||Height (Female)||Chest (Only Male)|
|UR/OBC||165 Cms||157 Cms||80 – 85 Cms|
|SC/ST||160 Cms||152 Cms||76.2 – 81.2 Cms|
|For Garhwalis, Gorkhas & others||163 Cms||155 Cms||80 – 85 Cms|
Age limit(As on 01.07.2018):
- Constable: 18 to 25 years
- Sub Inspector: 20 to 25 years
Relaxations in upper age limit:
- 5 years for SC/ST Candidates
- 3 years for OBC NonCreamy Layer candidates
- Others as per govt rules
RPF Recruitment – Post wise vacancies: 9739 Posts
|SR, SWR & SCR||804||927|
|CR, WR, WCR & SECR||440||712|
|ER, ECR, SER & ECoR||1287||1391|
|NR, NER, NWR & NCR||1046||1006|
|SR, SWR & SCR||126||52|
|CR, WR, WCR & SECR||144||56|
|ER, ECR, SER & ECoR||287||112|
|NR, NER, NWR & NCR||173||69|
RPF Recruitment Selection Process:
The entire recruitment process shall involve a Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Document Verification (DV).
Computer Based Test (CBT):
- For Constable: The standard of examination will be 10th/Matric level.
- For Sub-Inspector: The standard of examination will be graduation level.
- Candidates will be required to answer all questions and shall be awarded 01(one) mark for each correct answer. 1/3 marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Total Duration: 90 min.
- Candidates to obtain 35% marks (30 % marks by SC and ST candidates) to qualify in the CBT.
Scheme of Examination:
|Subject||No. of Qns & Marks|
|General Intelligence & reasoning||35|
- For all candidates except below categories: Rs.500/-
- For SC/ST/Ex-SM/Female/Minorities/Economically backward class candidates: Rs.250/-
Note: For General candidates, Rs.400/- refunded & SC/ST/Ex-SM/Female/Minorities/EBC candidates Rs.250/- will be refunded after appearing CBT Test.
Examination Centre: For all Zonal Railways and RPSF.
How to apply:
All Eligible and Interested candidates can apply this Opening in online on following link.